Who We Are
Kagumu Development Organization (KADO) is a National Membership Organization started in 1998 to respond to limited health services and extensive poverty of the people of Kagumu Sub-county in Kibuku district Uganda.
It got registered in 1999 as a Community Based Organization (CBO) and as an NGO in 2004 and Incorporated in 2006, Registration Number: 80010002978790 /86194B.
KADO currently operates in Eastern, northern, Central and west Nile regions of Uganda. Its head office is in Kibuku District in Eastern Uganda. KADO has a branch office in Tororo District, Buyende District and Arua City.
KADO works with the most vulnerable communities living in extreme poverty and Hunger, reaching thousands of family members in 32 districts of Uganda. With primary funding from sponsors and government, corporate and individual donors.
We work long-term in communities to help transform themselves into places where children, youth and women can provide what they need to live at their potential throughout their lives: access to health care, nutrition, food security, household incomes and learning opportunities.
Vision, Mission, Values & Objectives
A self reliant and sustainable community.
To improve the lives of the community by empowering them to participate in social and economic development initiatives.
- To improve health care service delivery and systems strengthening
- To contribute to increased food security and nutrition among malnourished households
- To promote education of adolescent girls and young women (AGYW)
- To contribute to increased household incomes of most the vulnerable households
- To promote environment preservation, conservation and mitigate the impact of
- To promote Water sanitation and Hygiene among vulnerable Communities