You are donating to : WISH to act PROJECT
The family planning project (WISH to act PROJECT) is implemented at Kagumu Health Centre III in Kagumu subcounty in Kibuku District in Partnership with Reproductive Health Uganda and Kibuku District Health Office. The project is funded by RHU (reproductive Health Uganda) with support from IPPF. The project will be implemented for a period of 5 year from 2018 to 2022. The project agreement was entered between reproductive health Uganda, a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation, located at plot2 Katego road, Kamwokya and registered according to the law of Uganda
The purpose of the partnership is to provide, select high quality integrated, and accessible sexual and reproductive health services to clients, while the reproductive health Uganda provides technical support and contraception methods. .
Overall Objective of the Project
To contribute to the reduction of maternal mortality through increasing access to voluntary, permanent and long acting reversible contraceptive among vulnerable women and youth in Kibuku District, Uganda.
- To educate underprivileged women youth on modern contraception methods.
- To provide modern contraception methods to underprivileged women and youth
- Family planning (counselling, oral contraceptive pills, injectable, IUDs, Emergency contraception, Voluntary surgical contraception, male condoms, female condoms, implants, Diaphragm/cervical cap and rings/patch).
- Safe abortion care (counselling, surgical and medical abortion, post abortion care).
- Counselling (sex and sexuality counselling, Relationship counselling).
- Gender based violence (Screening, counselling and referral mechanism for services).
- Gynecology (pelvic examination, manual breast examination, pap smear/cervical cancer screening).
- Prenatal care (pregnancy testing and couple counseling).
- STI screening (laboratory testing and treatment).
Community Mobilization and Sensitization:
This is executed by VHTs door to door and in public places using the megaphone to inform and remind clients about the services to be provided on the assigned day at the facility.
Provision of modern contraception methods
The health facility carry out education, counseling provides modern contraception methods and other sexual and reproductive health services on daily basis. RHU provides an outreach at the facility monthly to provide technical support and long-term contraception methods to clients.
Capacity building of health workers and VHTs; The health workers and VHTs undergo different trainings as regards to family planning services and management of family planning related consequences.
Collaboration with Existing Structures; Kagumu Health Centre receives family planning products like sayana press, injectable, implants and others. The facility also work in collaboration with the existing community health structures ie the VHTs. The VHTs are provided with SAYANA press and they administer to the client. they also refer clients for other contraception methods.
The project anticipates to benefit:
—Youth below 20 years of age.
- Increased uptake of modern contraception methods
- Increased access to modern contraception methods
- Built the capacity of the health workers and the VHTs to provide modern contraception methods